Sinopec acquires Chevron’s downstream assets in South Africa and Botswana

Sinopec has signed a sales and purchase agreement with Chevron Global Energy Inc to acquire its 75 percent stake in Chevron South Africa (Proprietary) Ltd and its 100 percent holding in Chevron Botswana for about $900 million, the company announced on March 22. The remaining 25 percent stake of the Chevron South Africa is held by local shareholders, in accordance with South African regulations. The agreement has been filed with the Chinese government and remains subject to regulatory approvals in South Africa and Botswana.
The acquired assets include a 5 million tonnes-per-year oil refinery in Cape Town, a lubricants plant in Durban, as well as more than 820 petrol stations, 220 convenience stores and other oil storage and distribution facilities across South Africa and Botswana. With stable economic development, the South Africa and Botswana have development potential in petrochemical industries. The demand in South Africa for refined petroleum has increased by nearly 5 percent annually over the past five years, to a current total of about 27 million tonnes.

中国石化收购雪佛龙公司在南非和博茨瓦纳下游资产
       3月22日,中国石化宣布与雪佛龙全球能源公司达成销售与购买协议,收购雪佛龙南非公司75%股权(其余25%股权依据当地法律规定由当地信托及基金公司持有)和相关权益,以及雪佛龙博茨瓦纳公司100%股权,总交易额约为9亿美元。该交易已在中国政府相关部门备案,并有待南非和博茨瓦纳相关监管机构审批。
       此次收购包括炼油能力500万吨/年的南非开普敦炼厂、分布于南非和博茨瓦纳的820多座加油站、220家便利店和油库配送设施,以及位于南非德班的润滑油厂。南非和博茨瓦纳在非洲国家中经济发展稳定,石化产业拥有拓展潜力。南非成品油需求近5年以接近5%的年平均增速上升,消费总量达2700万吨。

Information source:Sinopecnews.com
2017-03-29